Prepare Your Parts for Coating
Premium Powder Coating is the only custom coater in Colorado that does in-house media blasting. We have a 20′ x 15′ x 40′ blast room on-site that can run steel grit for media with reclaim augers in the floor for recycled usage. We’re able to reclaim media over 2,000 times, which equals cost savings for you.
Our second blast room is 15′ x 11′ x 30′ and is designed for multiple media (two separate reclaim systems). This room is used for garnet, aluminum oxide, glass bead, and plastic. We can also strip plastic and wood parts here.
In addition to our two blast rooms, we have two high pressure 4′ x 4′ blast cabinets. Generally, one machine is loaded with plastic while the other contains glass bead, both of which are great for stripping and blasting small parts.
Blasting media can be used for all types of projects, including:
Common Blasting Media
- Aluminum oxide – The most widely used abrasive in blast finishing and surface preparation. Can be recycled many times
- Crushed glass grit – Allows for aggressive surface profiling and the removal of coatings and surface contamination. Nontoxic and inert
- Glass beads – Manufactured from lead-free, soda lime-type glass. Contains no free silica and produces a smooth finish
- Silicon carbide – The hardest blasting media available. Ideal for the etching of glass or stone
- Plastic abrasive – Available in a variety of types and delivers quick stripping rate and consistent performance.
- Pumice – A light, natural mineral that is used chiefly as a mild abrasive. Pumice is ideal for less aggressive operations
- Steel shot – A popular method for cleaning, stripping, and improving a metal surface
- Steel grit – High-demand, aggressive applications are ideal for steel grit. Perfect for creating an etched surface on metal
- Corn cob – An organic, soft blasting grit that is safe for delicate parts and soft substrates. Great for log homes and other wood surfaces
- Walnut shell – used for applications that require aggressive stripping or cleaning without damage or effect on the underlying substrate. Organic and biodegradable
Call Premium Powder Coating to find out exactly what powder we have in stock.